Working 6 days per week 8 hours per day
Will work during the world cup and horse race competitions
6 months internship from November to April
Serves Food & Beverage to the guests in the assigned station / place of work in a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible manner consistent with established performance and productivity standards in any of the Food & Beverage Outlets (Restaurants, Bars, Room Service, Pool Restaurant) in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
• Understands all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend food & beverage combinations and up-sell alternatives.
• Recognizes and welcomes every guest.
• Performs a final check of the table / tray or trolley set-up before seating / serving guests
• Assists guests with the chair when arriving and departing.
• Introduces the appropriate menu and suggest menu specials to the guests.
• Takes orders and ensure the correct posting into Micros.
• Prepares and serves food & beverage orders and provides a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
• Follows correct sequence of service outlined in the Standard Operating Manual.
• Checks all tables / trays / trolleys to ensure maximum cleanliness and standard settings
• Inquires about special dietary or allergic requirements of the guests and will pass them on to the F&B Outlet Manager or Culinary team.
• Handles money and guest charges accurately.
• Handles guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and reports guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be founded and to assure follow up with guests.
• Establishes a rapport with guests, maintaining good customer relationship.
• Performs all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
• Adapts to rotate within the different sub-departments of the Food & Beverage Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
• Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
• Performs opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
• Assists in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating supplies and equipment
• Ensures that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times by keeping the glasses clean and the bar area orderly; to clean and polish glassware, chinaware, hollowware, and flatware; cleans all spillage during service time and closing; cleans soiled glass and wipes all.
• Sets up tables and bars in accordance to food & beverage standards.
• Monitors operating supplies by maintaining and controlling established food & beverage par stock and operating supplies to ensure smooth operation and to reduce spoilage and wastage.
• Responsible on the discrepancies in the potential food & beverage cost satisfactorily.
• Reports for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
• Maintains a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• Projects at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control
• Participates in daily briefings and monthly communication meetings to discuss various aspects of food service and preparation.
• STAFF DISCIPLINE: Assists in the implementation of the Hotel’s Code of Discipline.
• TRAINING and EMPLOYEE ACTIVITIES: Attends scheduled trainings and participates in company-initiated employee activities
• LOST AND FOUND: Ensures that all staff is aware of Lost and found procedures at all times.
• EMERGENCY RESPONSE: Possesses full knowledge of emergency procedures, and ensures all staff is aware of emergency procedures at all times.
• EQUIPMENT CARE: Ensures proper care and maintenance of equipment in the area of assignment.
• GROOMING & HYGIENE: Adheres to specified hygiene and personal appearance standards of the hotel.
• ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS: Is fully aware of and complies with the Hotel’s environmental policy and established rules and guidelines.
• ATTENDANCE: Adheres to set procedures for attendance and timekeeping.
• Performs such other functions as may be delegated by management from time to time.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
Monthly stipend of 1000 AED + overtime
Accommodation and meals
Provide visa and pay for all the visa-related costs(for the candidates with good performance, there is a possibility for employment)
Essential Qualification / Education - • High School diploma or general education degree or its equivalent
Advanced Qualification / Certification / Specialist Training - • F&B Vocational certificate or diploma and HACCP certificate
Minimum Experience - • 1-2 years in a similar position in a five-star hotel preferred
Specific / Relevant Experience - • Six months to one year of related experience and training. Experience in handling Point of sale (POS) terminals and Stock & Inventory management software.
Functional Knowledge / skills/ and Capabilities:
• Initiative and Commitment to Achieve
• Attention to Detail & Quality
• Effective Communication
• Hard working